Successful Drug Roundup
On January 16, 2019, Narcotics Agents with the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office executed a drug roundup on various individuals. This roundup came from a twelve month investigation into drug dealers in and around Monroe County, Tennessee. The roundup was conducted with the assistance of the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Narcotics Division, Warrant Service Team, FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, TN Highway Patrol CID, along with the Madisonville & Sweetwater Police Departments. The following individuals were apprehended for the following charges:
1. Corey Smith- Sale and Delivery of Sch. II Methamphetamine
2. Bradley Butts-Possession of Sch. II Methamphetamine for Resale, drug paraphernalia
3. Jason Turner- 2 counts sale and delivery of Sch. II Oxycodone
4. Charles Shearer- Sale and Delivery Sch. I Ecstasy, Sale and Delivery Sch. II Methamphetamine, drug paraphernalia
5. Robert Archer-possession of Sch. II Methamphetamine for resale, two counts possession of sch. VI Marijuana, and drug paraphernalia
6. Toni Marie Carter- 2 counts possession of Sch. II Methamphetamine for resale, possession of a firearm during the commission of dangerous felony, unlawful weapon possession, two counts of drug paraphernalia.
7. Lacey Lance-sale and delivery Sch. II Methamphetamine
8. Angel Winkler-possession of Sch. II Oxycodone for resale
9. Willis Winkler- possession of Sch. II Oxycodone for resale, possession of Sch. II Methamphetamine for Resale.
10. Tammy Morales-sale/delivery Sch. II Oxymorphone
11. Kevin Oaks- possession of Sch. II Methamphetamine for resale
12. Russell Tallent-theft over 60 thousand dollars, theft over 10 thousand dollars, felony evading arrest, driving on suspended license
At the completion of this drug roundup, a total of 18 people will be brought into custody. During the course of this investigation, multiple firearms, controlled substances, including Methamphetamine, opiods, Marijuana, along with drug paraphernalia have been taken off of the street. Sheriff Tommy Jones appreciates the assistance of the other law enforcement agencies in making this roundup a success.